Nowadays everyone is concerned with their appearance and few people who don’t have white teeth, desires to turn them into white and they visit the clinic for laser teeth whitening singapore to get the treatment.
This treatment involves whitening teeth by doing a simple process even one can do on their own. There are two types mainly: in-office treatment and other is home treatment.
In an in-office treatment, the patient gets whitening of teeth at the clinic itself and it is done by the dentist. Whereas in-home treatment, treatment is done at home by the guidance of a dentist. Here one can do this process by themselves but need more sittings and takes somewhat longer time than the dentist in-office treatment.
- The dentist firstly cleans the area of interest and applies an etchant.
- This etchant etches the surface forming microporosities in the enamel which is the outer layer of the crown.
- Now the inner layer of dentin is exposed to keep the substance to change its colour.
- On the dentin, the desired liquid is applied and then they keep a light cure on it and activate it.
- The light activates the liquid which is kept on the tooth and then the test starts whitening and dentin become little whiter the process is done continuously till the desired results obtained.
This is a simple treatment and can take few minutes.
Whereas if the patient desires to get treatment at home then the dentist provides the patient a custom made tray that should be kept to the teeth. A substance is given which is to be kept in the tray and the tray should be fixed to the teeth and this material slowly enters the enamel and reaches the dentin and there the discolouration process starts. Desired results of whiter and brighter teeth can be obtained.