A lot of people are now divided to which between dental braces and Invisalign are better and which one costs more? If you are one of those who are confused, then you came to the right post because outlined below are some of the best informative comparisons between these two orthodontic tools that are widely used around the world to correct misaligned and crooked teeth and bring back that perfect smile on each people’s face.
Dental braces come first before Invisalign was introduced to the orthodontic industry in the early 2,000’s. Dental braces as the majority of us know is a device that is used in orthodontics to align and straighten teeth to help its positions in the right way, especially regarding a person’s bite, while it also aims to improve dental health by fixing also gaps.
Invisalign meanwhile is a custom-made aligner that can be interchanged every two weeks for a period of six to eighteen months or even longer depending on the severity of the teeth’s misalignment. It is similar to a dental retainer which is also designed in keeping the teeth from shifting out of place, while an Invisalign aligner is now highly used for orthodontic treatment and as a technique to move and properly align teeth to achieve a beautiful smile. Unlike braces, Invisalign is computer-generated clear aligner which is molded of the patient’s teeth to securely fit it in.
To help you out which one you will be wearing to correct your misaligned teeth, here are some informative comparison between the two from Ortho Center Dentist Clinic.
- Uses archwires and brackets to straighten teeth while it is very noticeable, modern high-tech applications make it more appealing when it comes to its appearance.
- In terms of treatment, it helps people who have problems with crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite, and underbite
- When it comes to its maintenance, you have to brush the brackets and wires regularly while you also brush your teeth. You need a little practice to floss around the wires and rinsing it off with mouthwash is very helpful in keeping it clean.
- You are required to visit every six to eight weeks after you have worn it.
- The approximate treatment time lasts a year up to 15 months.
- The benefits of wearing dental braces are that it is more efficient to a lot of patients depending on the type of teeth alignment and can also be designed with different colors and rubber bands.
- It is virtually invisible because it uses a set of custom-made, clear and removable aligners to straighten teeth without wearing any metal brackets and wires
- It also treats crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite, and underbite
- It is easier to clean because the aligners are removable and you can freely brush and floss it as well.
- You are required to visit your dentist every eight to 12 weeks
- The approximate timeline that it can treat your teeth is 12 to 15 months.
- Its main benefit is it is easier to clean compared to a dental brace, it is less painful and more comfortable.